We’re sure you’re anxious to find out who won. Well…drum roll please… Continue reading
Latest population figures from the U.S. Census Bureau show certain communities may be leveling off when it comes to a decline in residents
The United States is growing at a historically slow rate. Between 2017 and 2018, the country grew 0.6 percent in population. The timeframe prior saw a 0.7 percent increase. That doesn’t sound like a whole lot of growth…And you would be correct. The U.S. is experiencing its slowest rate of annual growth since 1937, when the nation was in the midst of the Great Depression. Continue reading
Are you feeling cramped from the hustle and bustle of city life? Perhaps living out in the ‘burbs’ isn’t what you thought it would be. If either of these are the case, then we have the remedy for you and your family.
- Think creatively: don’t worry about what a listing ‘should’ look like
- Identify the key advantage of renovating this house, then turn it into an attention-grabbing headline
- Write an opening statement that gets to the point – a sentence or two should do it
- Sell emotion with your copy – describe the ‘home’, not just the ‘house’
- Accentuate the positives and focus on the potential
- Create urgency with a closing call-to-action
How are renovation listings different?
Listings for homes with perfect foundations, new roofs, gorgeous gardens and all the modern amenities practically write themselves. So, how do you spin sweet poetry about a property that needs some TLC?
The first step is to ditch any preconceived notion you may have about what a property listing should look like. Lately, it seems like most listings are just a quick paragraph listing the property’s features. Yet, if your property is ripe for a renovation mortgage, describing features like, “Roof needs replaced, windows are drafty, paint chipped throughout, and hole in the bathroom floor,” won’t whet anybody’s appetite.
With an attention-grabbing headline and the right descriptive copy, your listing will attract the right audience and will clearly communicate why this property is worth the time and investment to renovate.